The Medical Assistant position is responsible for assigned clinical and clerical duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare patients for office visits including but not limited to: obtaining vitals, medical and medication history.
- Ability to perform laboratory skills including but not limited to: phlebotomy, UA’s, IM/SQ injections, and the correct processing of specimens
being sent out to laboratories.
- Chart preparation including obtaining medical records for patients prior to an office visit.
- Ability to triage patient phone calls and following up to completion.
- Maintain patient confidentiality
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Obtain prior authorizations for medications and scheduled procedures.
- Assist in front desk (clerical) duties
- Order clinical supplies as required.
- Maintain, clean, prepare exam rooms and clinical laboratory area.
- Professional, courteous, pleasant and confidential manner
- Punctual and reliable
- Exceptional patient service and telephone etiquette
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Medical assistant certificate or degree
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients and physicians for resolutions of to inquiries, concerns, problems or situations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have current valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Must have valid automobile insurance and reliable transportation or alternative provisions.
- Medical Assistant Certificate
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Maintains confidentiality of patient records.
- Basic Computer skills are required
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions
of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs duties in office environment during organization’s operating hours.
- Requires ability to handle stressful situations with calmness and courtesy at all times.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org